U.S. Army Defense Ammunition Center
Kurt Gramoll, Andrea Rubio, Puneet Vishwakarma, Erich Ritz
University of Oklahoma
This project examines the design, development and operation of a dynamic web-based weight estimator. The main focus of this research is the creation of a tool that will benefit the delivery of munitions information, in a user-friendly graphical format, while providing flexibility to users according to their needs.
The current proposal, Phase III, extends the methods used in the current DOTT system to include better data retrieval to increase the display speed, improve the graphical output of the nodes, and to implement a query system to analyze and show information for the munitions family such as hours, cost, and weight. Besides these specific new features, time is allocated for collaboration with DAC personnel to assist in other aspects of implementation of the current online technology tree system.
The proposal also includes a new graphical system to visual 3D munitions shapes and weight characterization. This will include developing a prototype system to access and display the data through a web page. The 3D weight characterization system will use databases to store basic information that can be used in audits and later verification of the weight estimation method. Since the 3D data and weights will be stored in a database, future programs will be able to use the information without re-entering the data. The system will have a graphical interface inside a web page to make navigating the information easy and self-instruction.
* A new 3D engine for Flash
* Interface allows easy shape modification and declaration
* Only Flash, Dreamweaver, and Access are used
* Application can be accessed without difficulty from any web browser
* Built-in property databases for materials and coatings that can be easily accessed and modified.
* Weight output units are converted in real time
* User model can be stored online for future reference
* Online library allows user to load saved shapes at a later time