Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center- Tinker Air Force Base
Satish Kukkapatnam, Bradnon Lee Gardner, Mostafa Maiz, Rosa Madrid
Oklahoma State University
Provide a fairly accurate economic analysis of specific automatic identification technologies (AIT) suitable for the Tinker Air Force base.
To develop a roadmap for inserting alternative Automatic Identification Technologies (AITs), such as RFID, RF sensor networks like T-motes, etc., for asset tracking and management applications in Tinker AFB ramp operations.
The investigations are presented in three parts:
* Report the framework developed for economic evolution of these technologies.
* Review various alternative AITs that are attractive for insertion at different operational subsystems, and provide the necessary cost information.
* Provide a comprehensive list of the relevant AIT and other related wireless technologies beyond those currently considered for ramp operations.
* Alternative AIT systems and their insertion processes were developed
* The state of the art AIT systems compared with the WhereNet system being considered by the sponsors
* A spreadsheet framework for economic analysis of the various alternative technology insertions strategies reported